Monday 11 July 2016

Trying to channel Elsa

fifth form rivals
I’ve just recovered from a nasty bout of influenza–followed by a nasty bout of spring cleaning and decluttering. I singled out about two hundred books, I think, for disposal or donation.

I also made a resolution: I would read and review each of my school stories, and then donate them. There are always new books to read. I don’t need to hoard them.

Then, of course, today I pulled out the first of the pile, The Fifth Form Rivals by Winifred Darch, and a few pages in I am remembering why it is one of my very, very favourites of all time. The pangs! (And look at that cricket bat on Pat’s shoulder: it’s a metaphor.)

This is why I love ebooks. They take up no space, so you never have to face getting rid of them.


3 comments:

  1. Are you still donating it then? Cos I'M interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you still donating it then? Cos I'M interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eleanor, are you still writing the Fernleigh Manor novels? I have been drafting a later book in the series, only for my own satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me, if you are up for a chat. Love your work! Sye

    ReplyDelete